keskiviikko 22. helmikuuta 2012

Carnival 2

Today I went to Ovar, where one of the most famous carnival events in Portugal is organized. Some of my Portuguse friends don't really care about this parade, because they think that the Portuguese are just trying to be Brazilian with the samba stuff. In the parade, the samba schools compete and they really had put a lot of effort to their dresses and accessories (I guess they prepare for it the whole year). The parade was almost for three hours (!), here are some photos:











Because we were standing just next to the parade and obviously I look foreign, a couple of times we were dragged into the parade (do I look like I can dance samba??) and some participants came to ask where we were from (luckily no one asked if I was Chinese). And they were more than willing to pose for photos. These photos are btw mainly about the funny parts of the parade, to check the samba dancing women in their small outfits, you can do it here.

But take a look at the last photo. In the back of the round thing there was two guys pushing it and holding on to an iron thing that made the people on top move a bit forwards and backwards. When the last one was passing us, right in front of us, they accidentally let go on the iron thing (that was their only job!!) and the people on top playing fell down to the ground on their faces. I almost threw up and couldn't look because I was sure that the skull of the guy in the front was in pieces. Apparently it wasn't that bad, the guy was still conscious when he was taken away by the ambulance.

Eventually I recovered too and went to have dinner.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti