maanantai 13. helmikuuta 2012

Emilia went to Spain

I don't know what to think of hostels anymore. This was the first time when I was travelling that I hoped I was rich enough to stay in a hotel. Or at least afford a bed in a room with less people. I slept very poorly for four nights and had to even go and buy earplugs. Is it just that I'm getting old?

Well the good side of staying in a hostel is definitely that you meet people to hang out with, this time I was lucky with that as well. And I developed a theory about hostels: always stay in a mixed dorm, not in a room for women only. The risk is that there will be a snoring man in the room, but guys are normally more talkative and they travel alone more frequently, girls often come in pairs and they don't often ask other people to join them.

Of course this beautiful theory was ruined when I hung out most of the weekend with two very nice girls from Sweden and Australia, both travelling alone. It's the exception that proves the rule or something similar that they say.


I probably don't have to mention that I ate very well in Madrid, the tapas culture should take over the world. It's very nice when you order a drink and you get a small tapas with that. Like small pieces of ham. My goodness, how I love that salty, salty ham. I took two pictures in Madrid, there is ham in both of them.

Apart from eating we managed to get together with a friend that I didn't see for 12 years! That was super nice indeed.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti