sunnuntai 25. maaliskuuta 2012

Visitor 1

Yesterday I got a lovely surprise visitor, my friend is on holidays in Lisbon and came for a day-trip to Porto. We climbed up to Clerigos Tower, which was a bit scary because I guess they forgot all the safety regulations ever invented and there are so big holes in the rail that a kid could easily fall from up there. Even I could fit through those holes. Anyway, then we walked down to Ribeira and ended up in the Port wine cellars in the Gaia side of the river Douro.

Port wine is produced in the Douro valley, and it's sweet red wine that is often served as dessert wine. The wine is stored and aged, often in barrels stored in a cave, before being bottled. And those caves are here because the ocean is so close and the temperature is pleasant. They organize small tours in the caves and give some samples to taste the wine. I have tried red port wine before, yesterday I tried a white one as well. They're both realy good, VERY sweet but good. I guess there are around 30 different companies offering the tours and tasting, so I have a lot of work ahead.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti