maanantai 26. syyskuuta 2011

Gym

After all the eating (and blogging about it) I went to a gym in the centre to ask about the prices. They don't have the prices in the internet, because there are these sales guys working and you need to negotiate a bit with them. I hate it when people expect me to be rich when they learn that I'm from Finland, so I was planning to say that I'm from a poor country. Like Ethiopia.

My roommate told me more or less how much it's going to cost, so I was prepared for bargaining. But since the guy at the gym didn't speak so much English he just skipped the negotiation part and gave me the student discount prices. And after talking to 6 people in the gym (including the owner), signing a contract in Portuguese, and another paper in Portuguese that I understand the conditions of the paper that I just signed (!) I'm a member of Virgin Activity now. The gym is very nice and has a swimming pool and a sauna. On Monday I have a meeting with a personal trainer, that will be depressing ;(

Oh, and I've been trying to find a place where I can fix my lash extensions. That seems to be harder than I expected. A Portuguese friend is already working on that issue, but today at the gym one woman just randomly said that she liked my lashes. I asked her where to go fix them, she said maybe they do it in one beauty salon close by. I went there but they didn't have that service there, but they gave me another adress that I need to check tomorrow. Pheww. Portuguese women are so pretty that they don't need fake (but beautiful) lashes.

3 kommenttia:

  1. I simply cannot resist: will this Virgin Activity Centre
    a) make you into a virgin again? Or..
    b) only accept virgin athletes?

    VastaaPoista
  2. How come I'm not surprised that it's you who made this comment? :D

    The name of the gym is Virgin Active actually (not Activity. like that helps).

    They didn't check so the correct answer must be A.

    Hugs, baby!

    VastaaPoista
  3. :-)
    Perhaps a comment too self-revealing? I am soooo busted and ought to seek a PT at my local Virgin Active Center perpahs?

    VastaaPoista