maanantai 12. syyskuuta 2011

Welcome to the circus

I went to my faculty today to register and get a student card. When I arrived, it was like a circus. The entrance  hall was full of people, I took a queuing number to the academic services, there was 120 people before me. I saw the people working there and was hoping that it wouldn't be that older lady who would call my number, because I was sure she couldn't speak any English. Well, of course it was her. And she didn't speak English, when I said "hello" she panicked a bit, tried to call somebody that didn't pick up and then...she disappearred. Sweet. But because I'd been already waiting for 1,5 hours I just waited the poor thing to come back. So she explained me stuff in Portuguese, I got the idea that I couldn't get a student card from there. Finally, there were three people explaining me in Portuguese where to go, and at that point I wasn't really sure anymore where they were telling me to go and what for.

And btw the Portuguese tend to wave their hand to some direction, and you never know if the place is 50 meters or 5 kilometers away.

Well I went to the direction they were pointing at, and by a miracle I found the place, they spoke excellent English there and I got my student card (after queuing, of course) and a bunch of passwords and PIN-codes that I'm not yet sure what to use them for.

After that I had a meeting with the professor who is responsible for my master's programme. He was mainly showing me where the shopping centres and the cinemas are, nice man. Tomorrow I'll have my first lectures, we'll see what kind of classes he gives.

Tomorrow I'll be queuing in three different offices.

Now I'll sign up for a Portuguese class.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti